Looking for a DIY recipe for your dog’s birthday? You’ve come to the right place. The best thing about this is it can be consumed by humans as well! It’s a bit on the rich side to be a daily meal, but is a great now and again treat for that beloved fur companion.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- Market Pantry Ground Beef 1-lb Pkg
- 3 cups water
- 8 eggs
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 1 dash salt
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F then grease 36 cups of 3 large muffin tins.
- Combine the rice with water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered for about 10 minutes. Reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat, allow to cool for several minutes, then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, ground beef, and eggs in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix ingredients together. Add salt, olive oil, rolled oats, and rice. Mix well.
- Fill each muffin cup with some of the mixture and pat down to make it firm. Bake for 45 minutes or until surface feels set. Cool on rack 10 minutes or longer.
- Remove the meat cakes by turning the muffin tin upside down over a sheet of aluminum oil. Tap each muffin cup to release the cake. Refrigerate or freeze in sealed plastic bags.