Fall is the season of harvest. This is the time to gather nature’s bounty: fruits and vegetables, grains and nuts. As we enjoy what the season have to offer, let us not forget to give some fall treats to our little fur friends.
Candy corn is one of the traditional fall symbols besides pumpkin and leaves. But we can’t give our dogs the candy corn, as it is high in sugar and also contains other ingredients that are not so great for dogs. Here is a recipe of a candy corn-looking treat that is dog safe and delicious!
- 3oz paper cups
- 1 - 2 small bananas
- 1 – ½ cup plain non fat yogurt
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (don’t use the pumpkin pie filling)
- Put a spoonful of yogurt into the bottom of the cups. Freeze for 1 to 1.5 hours
- Mix ½ cup pumpkin with ½ cup yogurt then add a spoonful of the pumpkin/yogurt mixture to the paper cups. Freeze for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Mash 1 to 2 bananas and mix with ½ cup plain yogurt. Then add a spoonful of the mixture of banana/yogurt to the paper cups. Let it freeze for another 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Peel off the paper cup and serve.