You may find many chicken and veggie recipe online for dogs but what we have is different. It has an additional treat – apples! Yep, you read that right. If you’re looking to spice things up for your dog, you’ll love the inclusion of the fruit here. Plus, apples are packed with healthy goodness!
- 2 1/2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts
- 2 c. frozen peas
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 large or 2 medium apples, cored and cubed (no seeds!!)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. frozen green beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Put the meat in the crockpot and add water, enough to cover the chicken.
- Add potato, carrots, kidney beans, green beans, and apple.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours, when it is about finished, add the frozen peas and let it cook for another 30 minutes.
- Drain off the excess liquid when finished.
- Add olive oil and stir to mash (you can use food processor)
- When cooled, scoop daily servings into individual ziploc bags and freeze.
- Remove one bag from the freezer each night, and place in the fridge to defrost overnight.