Cats have a very protein-centric diet. These treats can be added in cat’s diet to ensure that they will get the proper nutrition they need.
- 1 large egg
- 1 4-oz jar chicken and brown rice baby food (or something meaty which may include canned wet cat food)
- 1/4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cooked white (or brown) rice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and place a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together egg, baby food or wet cat food, parsley, olive oil, and water in a medium bowl.
- Add the brown rice flour and cooked rice, stir until the ingredients are completely mixed. The mixture will be thick but spreadable.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet creating a 1/3 of an inch thick rectangle.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest cool unti it is cool enough to handle.
- Slice the soft dough into bite-sized pieces.
- Return the pieces to the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Makes about 50 pieces