All natural cat treats are great to provide dietary options for your pet. Some treats contain empty calories and preservatives. Instead, look for nutritional ingredients over filler ones. Let us help you more in choosing the right treats for you feline:
A cat’s diet requires protein and amino acids to keep the bones strong and the digestive system healthy. Treats with crunchy texture will also help in cleaning a cat’s teeth. Check for these healthy ingredients in cat treats:
- Vitamins and minerals
- Fruits and vegetables
- Protein sources that are easy to digest, like chicken, salmon, or trout.
- High-quality grains
- Potato flour
Make sure to avoid these contents:
- Preservatives BHA, propyl gallate and nitrates
- Non-food ingredients, chemical additives
- High sodium and sugar content
- Artificial flavors or by-products
If you have a kitten, start by giving semi-moist natural treat. These will be easy for you kitten to consume and beneficial for the newly developing teeth. Treats made with glucosamine and chondroitin will benefit overweight cats, or those with hip or joint problems.